Monday, March 30, 2009

"but i can only make a dog."

jeff and i went to the guggenheim on sunday.
i was exhausted and hungry and pushing myself to keep going
when we stumbled across a filmstrip playing light and static.
a small child was making a dog shadow puppet come alive on the screen.
soon some uppity-looking museum goers walked up
saw the girl
and started making their own shadow puppets.
more people came and did it, too.
this small girl unknowingly started a revolution.
jeff showed her how to make a bird,
and with a shrug of her shoulders she responded
"but i can only make a dog."
i liked that.
i think it was my favorite part of the whole museum.

3 comments:

michaelpanda said...

Yo homeskillet.

That made me laugh. Kids sometimes see the zen in life, don't they? Next time I'm asked to do something I don't know/want to do, I'm gonna cop that kids like

"but I only know how to do ..."

then stare at my boss until he gives up and leaves. ;)

hope you're well. i don't even know your address or phone number these days - e-mail it to me, would ya? I have something to send you one of these days.

kris said...

yo yo pandocity!

it's been a while. i'm actually moving in about a month to queens, so i'll send you my new address as soon as i know it. what's happening with you? is new york city still possibly in your future?

michaelpanda said...

yo!

yeah i think so, but it'd be next year. i'm looking at both law and design schools in NYC.

i'll catch j00 up on my life in the letter i'm gonna send you. ;)

people like to say I'm from the "Queens of the Midwest". You better recognize.